I have shared my religious beliefs here before and I want you all to understand that religion, to me, is not a pick and choose thing... it isn't even a THING. It's a way. My beliefs are threaded throughout my being, making me who I am. I want you to know this as I share this advertisement. I have always accepted that my facebook "friends" may choose to unfriend or unfollow me any time. So accept that truth as you read on... this is not a place for debate or hate comments.
In church, I was discussing in a class how there is not only a lot of worldliness out there filled with crime, violence, selfishness, etc... there is actually a REACH for GOOD. Many people can feel the pull of morality and it seems more and more people are "picking a side" each week. Well I've been on one side since becoming converted and it's a side I would love to see everyone on. There is a hymn, "Who's on the Lord's Side, Who? Now is the time to show..." So I'm showing it.
I do have gay family members and friends. I love them still and always will. I have never supported their way of life. People always argue with statements like, "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you." That is so true - we are all sinners. Don't you realize that acknowledging yourself as a sinner is acknowledging you have a need to repent? A crucial step in repentance after feeling sorrow for what you've done, is having the desire not to do it again. If someone is gay and choosing to live a gay lifestyle, it goes beyond the "mistakes" we all make... it's an intention to live in sin, without that sorrow or desire to be better.
I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe in the way He lived. I so often feel unworthy of His sacrifice and love because I have so many imperfections. In this Tug-of-War... I choose His side. And to put it bluntly, his is the winning side... winning meaning that we do have consequences for our behavior. Rather than this being the winning team vs the losing team... it's me vs me. We are all living a battle for our own eternal happiness. Believing in Him isn't enough. His grace isn't enough. Faith isn't enough... we must DO the right as much as we can to make it to the best consequence after this life. There will be people that don't make it there, and never will, because they refuse to repent. God will forgive us over and over again, because he loves us. But he doesn't leave gifts on the porch to rot. He waits for you to open the door and receive them.
I saw this ad a friend shared and thought, "this may offend people..." and yes, it might. The truth stings. This is truth. Even if you don't agree, that's your right. I truly do want everyone enjoying the happiest eternal life possible. To do that, I feel that sharing my knowledge is something I can do that I won't regret. I know I would regret being silent. heart emoticon The knowledge I have is that the family is CENTRAL to God's plan. Not a consolation prize, a side dish or an afterthought - it's the main purpose to life. Life before, during and after this mortal life. Family is: a man, a woman and any children they may have onto grandchildren, great grand children and so forth. God's laws are unchanging, so are my values.
http://youtu.be/7tZzbfsTeYE
http://youtu.be/7tZzbfsTeYE
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading